Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mom's Fried Fish


I like to fry fish such as tilapia, red snapper and catfish the way my mom did when I was growing up in Lithuania. She still makes it this way. This recipe is very easy.


Ingredients:

2 fillets of tilapia, red snapper or catfish (whatever is fresh in a store)
1 egg
flour for dipping
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cajun spice (optional)
Olive oil for frying


Preparation:

1. Wash fish fillets with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.

2. Beat egg in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste (I like cajun spice so I add it too). Take one fillet at a time and deep it into the egg wash.


3. Next, put fillet into a bowl with flour and cover it with flour on both sides.


4. Pour Olive oil in a pan so that the bottom is fully covered with oil. On medium high fry fillets on both sides until golden brown.


5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook fish covered for about 6 minutes or until it is done. This fish is very thin so it does not take that long for it to cook through.


6. Serve fish with mashed potatoes and/or salad. I served it with polenta tonight. I also save fish for lunch the next day and it is good to eat either cold or warmed up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment