Sunday, February 6, 2011

Saturday Night French Dinner


I took French cooking class at PCC Natural Markets about four years ago and have cooked French onion soup, duck breast and legs on several occasions since then. But I always wanted to make French dinner with first course, second course and dessert. And this weekend I decided to do it. Each course had French cooking element in it but of course I had to add my own flavor!

Here is the menu with pictures of items that I actually made and served :) 

First Course

Caramelized French Onion Soup en Croute Baked with Gruyere and Petit Basque Cheeses Draped in Puff Pastry



 Second Course

Duck Breast a l’Orange, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, and Avocado Grapefruit Spinach Salad with Champagne Honey Vinaigrette


Dessert

Mousse Au Chocolat, Molly Moon’s Ice Cream Selection and Fresh Berries

I have made some of the items on the menu before but some were also first time tries like Mousse Au Chocolat. Recipes for some dishes are from the cooking class I took, the rest are items that I tried over the years at restaurants or from my friends and I tried to replicate those dishes by finding recipes online. I think I succeeded and the person who shared this dinner with me agrees. I will be posting recipes for all dishes shortly.
The recipe for the Avocado, Grapefruit and Spinach Salad was posted earlier.

You must try Molly Moon's Handmade Ice Cream in Seattle if you have not yet. I served Strawberry Balsamic and Salted Caramel at my dinner last night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment