Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Petrale Sole Fillet with Thyme and Lemon


Tonight I made Fresh Petrale Sole fillets which I got at a local Co-op Madison Market. I have tried several recipes for this type of fish before but none of them was really a "keeper." The trick is not to overcook fillets because they are so thin and not have them stuck to the pan while frying. So tonight I tried broiling this fish and I was successful! Fish turned out moist, flaky and tasty! The cooking method is very easy and requires minimal number of ingredients. Here is how I made it.




 Ingredients:

1lb of fresh Petrale Sole fillets
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
2 sprigs of Thyme, finely chopped
Butter, 1 tablespoon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. To make marinade in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, thyme and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.

2. Wash fish fillets in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.

3. Using your hands rub fish fillets with the marinade. Next, layer fillers in a cast iron pan. I had two layers in my pan. Depending on a size of your pan you might have more or less.

 4. Put cast iron pan in the oven and turn the broil on. Broil fish for about 7-9 minutes until it gets a nice light brown crust.

5. Take fish from the oven and put butter on top. Serve with potatoes and/or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment