Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cooking Whole Chicken from the Sea Breeze Farm


Few Saturdays ago I was at the U-district Farmers Market and got drawn to a big line in front of the Sea Breeze Farm stand. Sea Breeze Farm is located on Vashon Island and they sell fresh poutry, meat, dairy, eggs and other products at the U-district and Ballard Farmers Markets on the weekend. People in line were raving about their fresh chickens. So, that's what I got in addition to a big slab of smoked bacon!!!


I simply rubbed chicken with chopped fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt and olive oil and let marinade in a refrigerator for a day. Before cooking I cut chicken in half. Chicken was about 2 lbs.



I fried chicken skin side down in a pan on medium-low heat for 30 minutes. Then I flipped it and cooked for another 30 minutes. I finished cooking it in the oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. So, does fresh chicken differ from the store bought? I think so. This was also very small chicken and reminded me of eating a Cornish game hen. I served it with chanterelle risotto and sliced tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment