Saturday, July 27, 2013

Craving Delancey Pizza


Delancey Pizza reminds me of my first pizza I had in Check Republic at a tender age of 17. Since then the closest I came to experience similar pizza crust is a frozen Organic Three Cheese Trader Joe's pizza Made in Italy. But now I discovered Delancey - fresh pizza made with high quality ingredients to order. 


I have been to Delancey three times now. They don't take reservations for parties less than 6. Two times out of three we had to wait an hour for a table. Last time it was a warm summer night and we decided to drive to the Ballard Locks instead of waiting in front of the restaurant. We spent about 30 minutes there looking at the boats, then drove back and arrived to Delancey right on time to be seated. The place is small, busy, loud and kid friendly. Every time I have been there I saw the owner Molly. Price for a classic margherita is $12 (pictured below), lower than at Serious Pie. We also ordered spicy saliami pizza on our last trip. Most people seem to share a salad and couple pizzas.



No comments:

Post a Comment