Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canon is popular these days





Two months ago we were heading back home from dinner at Cafe Presse and saw a bar next to Lark. It looked cool inside - I thought to myself. Few weeks later I was talking with a friend who asked me if I have been to Canon yet, which has been rated as a top bar in Seattle these days. I googled it and realized it was the same bar I saw earlier.


My husband and I went to check it out last week. He just read a review about it on cnn.com - it was named one of the top 10 new bars in the country. We got there around 9 p.m. - early? No, we had to wait outside for about 20 minutes for a standing room at the bar. It was busy. Once in we got couple drinks - me "all imperial", he - "the swagger." We soon got a seat at the bar and spent an hour or so enjoying our drinks. The place is happening. I am not a decor expert but it reminded me a bit of Tavern Law - old school cocktail bar - dark wood. We peeked at their liquor list online - impressive!

Last week I went here again for a friend's birthday celebration - we got in right at the opening time (5 p.m.) and did not have to wait. This time I ordered a cosmopolitan. My friends had sangria type drink and hanky panky. Yes, cool miniature bottles make the drinks even more appealing!





They also have a good selection of bar food - oysters, popcorn-pretzel-nut mix, pork belly sandwiches, salads and etc. We ordered a few: steak, fromage blanc with fixings, cod and watermelon salad. I only had some steak, which was good. Portions are small.





We stayed there for couple hours and had a great time - place filled up pretty fast. I will go back here for a drink again. As always, great company is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment