Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pork Tenderloin with Apricot and Mustard Sauce - Martha's recipe


This is a very simple pork tenderloin recipe that I found by Martha Stewart, in which I can use some of my apricot preserves. I had to modify cooking time so that the pork comes out a little bit pink in the middle. Both my husband and I do not like overcooked pork. Plus I used regular Dijon mustard instead of spicy brown mustard. Here is a slightly modified version.



Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin (a little over a pound)
1/2 cup of apricot preserves
1/8 cup of Dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil




Preparation:

1. Rub pork with oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil and broil pork on it in the oven for 3 minutes a side.





2. In a meantime, in a small sauce pan combine apricot preserves with mustard and on medium heat bring to a boil. Stir not to burn. Once boiling take the sauce of the heat and split into two small cups. Use one half of the sauce to brush pork and the other to serve.

3. Brush pork on one side with sauce and broil for a 1.5 minutes. Take out of the oven and turn over, brush the other side with sauce and broil for another 1.5 minutes. Pork will have some blackened spots. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with some sauce on a side.


No comments:

Post a Comment