Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shrimp with Tomatoes, Feta and Parsley


Looking through the 101 Classic Recipes of Saveur magazine I found the familiar recipe for shrimp made with tomatoes, feta and parsley. I have made something similar before and recall it was very easy to make. So yesterday I made the Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta using Saveur's recipe as a guide. I skipped hot green chile and ouzo - my husband does not like it. Here is how I made it.



Ingredients:

2/3 lb of large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
4 oz of feta, cut in small pieces
1/2 of white onion, chopped
1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper




Preparation:

1. Turn your oven broiler on. In an ovenproof large pot (I use my Le Creuset) heat up 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, add onion and on medium heat saute until soft, about 3 minutes. In a large bowl crush tomatoes with your hands and add them to the onions. Mix and salt and pepper to taste. Cook tomatoes on medium heat until sauce become thick (about 15-20 minutes). Stir once in a while. Add shrimp and cook them turning once about 4 minutes total.

2. Next sprinkle feta on top and put a pot without a lid into the oven. Broil for about 3.5 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve and eat.







No comments:

Post a Comment