Sunday, December 16, 2012

Russian Tea Cookies with Cardamon


Oh, Russian Tea cookies! I did not know about you until I moved to the US. And as far as I know none of my Russian friends knew about them in Russia either. But I love them. What not to love? Butter, sugar and pecans! The recipe is your basic Betty Crocker plus I added some cardamon.



Ingredients:

4 oz of butter, room temperature
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of cardamon
1 heaping cup of flour
1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Powdered sugar




Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl mix together powered sugar, butter, salt, vanilla extract and cardamon. Next, add pecans and mix well. Lastly, add flour and mix again until you have a dough of even consistency. I use my hands to do all the mixing.

2. Roll the dough into balls, flatten them a little bit with your hands - I get 2 inch diameter cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet leaving 1-2 inch space between them - no greasing is needed. Bake for 12 minutes until cooked but not brown though most likely the bottom will be slightly brown.



3. Roll hot cookies in powdered sugar one at a time and then set them to cool. Once cookies have cooled off roll them in powdered sugar once again.




No comments:

Post a Comment