Saturday, July 28, 2012

Guacamole Recipe


I had some ripe avocados and thought to make guacamole. With my baby weight loss project I have not had tortilla chips in a while. Below is the recipe I use to make fresh guacamole at home. It is very easy and fast to make and serves as a great appetizer for nice warm summer evenings with beer.

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado, seeded and peeled
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh cilantro
8-10 cherry tomatoes, chopped (or 2 regular tomatoes)
juice of 1/2 of lime
Salt and pepper


Preparation:


1. Cut avocado in small pieces and then using a fork mash it. I use a medium size glass bowl to do this.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the avocado and mix. Salt and pepper to taste. I like my guacamole to be chunky.  Serve with tortilla chips. And as always you can vary amount of each ingredient to your liking.



No comments:

Post a Comment