Sunday, October 2, 2011

Broiled Black Cod with Chanterelle and Porcini Mushrooms


I usually like Sunday dinners to be special - try some new recipe, ingredient. My morning started with going to the Capitol Hill Farmers Market. I bought apples, pluots, tomatoes, grapes, broccoli and few other items. The highlight of the day was buying fresh Porcini mushrooms. I also bought some chanterelles. Cooking mushrooms reminds me a lot of my family, the times when we used to go and gather mushrooms and then cook them in the evening. Tonight I cooked mushrooms using the recipe I posted before, which I learned back in those younger days. I served them as a side for broiled black cod steaks. I cooked black cod in the oven, 5 minutes at 450F, then 5 minutes on broil and then at 400F for another 3 minutes. Of course dish was not complete without fried potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment