Monday, July 28, 2014

Zucchini Pancakes


This year I am growing zucchini in my yard and few already popped up. I grilled the first one but with the second one I decided to make my childhood favorite-zucchini pancakes. Here is my recipe.

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini, 10 inches long, 1 and 1/4 lb, grated finely and extra water drained
2 eggs
1 cup of white flour
1 teaspoon of salt
Olive Oil for frying

To serve:
Sour Cream
Fresh chives
Salt

Preparation:

1. In a large bowl combine zucchini, eggs, flour and salt. Mix with a whisk.



2. Preheat the pan on medium heat for about a minute. Pour one tablespoon of oil in a pan and using a a large spoon add the zucchini batter.  I aim for a palm size pancake or a smaller. Let pancakes fry on each side until golden brown and cooked through (about 4 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium/medium-low so not to burn the cakes. Repeat the process until all batter has been used. Add more oil as needed.




3. Serve pancakes with sour cream, chopped fresh chives. Salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment