Saturday, November 2, 2013

Braised Eggplant with Tomatoes, Carrots and Parsley



I like eggplant tender and thoroughly cooked but not mushy. While in Italy this September I had braised eggplant with tomatoes and thought I would try making something similar at home. And I did. Below is my recipe.

Ingredients:

2 large eggplants, washed, ends cut off and cubed (3/4 - 1 inch)
2 carrots, peeled and cut as desired
2 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Salt
Fresh Parsley
Parmesan Cheese




Preparation:

1. In a large pot saute garlic in olive oil on medium high heat for 1 minute. Add eggplant, carrots, let saute for another minute, stir. Add tomatoes and a bit of chopped fresh parsley, stir well. Turn heat down to medium low and let cook for about 30 minutes (stir couple times).



2. After 30 minutes turn heat down to low and let cook for another 40 minutes until eggplant is cooked. Taste for salt and add if needed. Serve as a side dish with shredded Parmesan cheese or with pasta. I eat it by itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment