Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lemongrass Chicken Skewers



Have you ever thought about making lemongrass chicken skewers at home? I have. I used to eat them at a restaurant and think how good it would be to be able to make them at home. So, about two years ago I made my first lemongrass chicken skewers and they turned out pretty good. So last week when I had some guests over I decided to make them again and some vegetable skewers. Below is the recipe I followed.

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 stalks of lemongrass, white parts only
1 medium shallot
4 cloves of garlic
1 thai chili pepper
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Bamboo skewers


Preparation:

1. In a food processor chop together lemongrass stalks, garlic, shallot, chili and oil together until fine. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.


2. Add chicken cubes and using your hands cover with the marinade. Let chicken marinate for 1 hour. At the same time soak bamboo skewers in a warm water.


3. After 1 hour thread chicken pieces on bamboo skewers. Grill chicken skewers for about 5 minutes per side. You can also make a dipping sauce but I did not. I served them with veggie skewers and a green salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment